Transaction Posting Engine
Transaction Posting Engine (TPE) is core function of MixERP. It is not a module, but a collection of:
- application modules
- database functions and triggers
MixERP TPE's job is to validate and verify that the transaction posted on any level is valid and free of side-effects. TPE generally restricts activities such as:
- entering a transaction in a past date.
- maker trying to approve her own transaction.
- posting transactions that would produce negative cash balance.
- posting transactions that would make an inventory item count negative.
Transaction Posting Engine can be thought of a collection of functions, features, and workflow that enforces data integration and validity for finance, inventory, and manufacturing areas across the entire MixERP application tiers.